Digital Dragons Accelerator – up to €60 000 euro to develop your start-up!
In the Digital Dragons Accelerator, we develop favourable conditions for foreign start-ups ready to develop their business in Poland.
If you develop games and want to break through to the international market, contact us today – we’ll help your start-up organise the stay and help you find business partners to speed up the growth of your company in Poland.
Young foreign studios and teams with a prototype in production, or with track record in earlier games production and release.
The programme offers an opportunity to participate in the acceleration from any location in the world.
1.Non-equity grant up to €10,000 in the 3-month-long stage 1
- soft-landing – purpose: incorporation of a company in Poland, preliminary development of the company, staff employment, product development
- company development – purpose: signing an agreement on further cooperation with a publisher/investor
2. Non-equity grant up to €50,000 in the 6-month-long stage 2
– acceleration: cooperation with a publisher or investor moderated by the accelerator team to set up the product ready for implementation
– access to a cluster of experts in the industry who will help to develop the company and the product, product delivery, support in business model, employment of experts, and acquisition of VC investments
3. Access to the Digital Dragons ecosystem: options to exhibit and promote at the events organised by the KPT for the games development sector: Digital Dragons Conference, Digital Dragons Academy, access to the top experts in the sector, participation in international business events of the industry.
4. Cooperation with the partners of the Digital Dragons Accelerator, publishers and investors, to develop/publish the game, or to obtain investments.
5. Help in finding businesses and institutions supporting start-ups in all the formal matters (incorporating and running a company) throughout the acceleration.
- 1 March – 23 May 2022 – recruitment
- 23 May – 30 June 2022 – selection and evaluation of applications
- June/July – announcement of results
- September – November 2022 – stage I (soft-landing + development)
- December 2022 – June 2023 – stage II (acceleration)
The KPT has supported the development of the games development industry in Poland for over 10 years, and organised the leading Central European conference for the sector: the Digital Dragons Conference gathering over 3000 people from all over the world. For a number of years, its Digital Dragons Incubator has also supported young game development studios in business development. We are the most mature games ecosystem in Poland, and offer:
- access to the tools for promoting the product in the Polish market
- access to experts, game dev sector leaders
- access to highly educated and creative staff
- various support programmes and options to cooperate in Poland and Europe
- support for your first business steps on a new market.
Meet our partners
In the first round, applications for the programme came in from almost all over the world from 33 countries applied for the Accelerator:
List of teams selected for the program in the 2nd edition:
- Persona Theory Games (Malaysia)
- Twenty Ninety Creative (Canada)
- Roofkat (The Netherlands)
- Studio Mechka (Bulgaria)
- Fatherhood (Turkey)
- Proud Turkeys (Belarus)
- Epoch Media (USA)
- MiroWin studio (Ukraine)
- Playdew (Pakistan)
List of teams selected for the program in the 1st edition:
- Swipers (Ukraine)
- Flying Whale Games (Belarus)
- Pocket Fun (Romania)
- Estudio Muave (Argentina)
- Shirakumo Games (Switzerland)
- Beta2Games (Brazil)
- Wannabe (Sweden)
- Grumpy Owl Games (Netherlands)
- Team Cognition (Slovenia)
- Pigeon Eye Games (Russia)
- Lappi Soft (France)
- BCS Studios (Chile)
- 4HA Games (Chile)
Do you want to develop in the attractive and dynamically developing European market? Are you looking for options to finance your ideas and concepts? Then this is an option for you! Apply now!
We are about to start the second round of recruitment for the accelerator programme. Sign up for our Newsletter and stay in touch with us now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Digital Dragons Accelerator is a part of the KPT Poland Prize, project supported by PARP – Polish Agency of Entrepreneurship Development. An Accelerator is helping companies and teams, which already have some products on early-stage with fast access to publishers and VC investors with a grant of up to 70 000 euros. In addition the team behind the Accelerator has big experience in consulting young indie game dev studios and a wide network, which we are happy to share with acceleration participants.
The company does not need to be registered before applying, it has to register after being accepted to the Accelerator.
Teams, individual persons and companies outside of Poland, which are currently working on the game or a product for game dev sector and have experience in publishing or creating games and products.
Participation in the program is free, but you need to have financial liquidity, for the start of the company and some kind of expanses for the beginning of the acceleration process. The team has to pay the assumption of the activity or possible arrival to Poland and stay on the spot on its own. Some costs can be paid from grants.
If the KPIs are not achieved by the studio, the next tranche of the grant will not be paid. But we don’t have any contractual penalties for failure to achieve the goals.
As long, as you didn’t take part in other Poland Prize programs, you can join Digital Dragons Accelerator.
With technical problems with Gust.com, you should contact their helpdesk. If you have questions about DD Accelerator, you can write to Klaudia: email@example.com or Łukasz: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full list of our partners is available on the DD Accelerator website. You can work only with one of them.
Together with your partner and the DD Accelerator team, you will set the goals that you want to achieve during the program. We will assess and adjust them in terms of publishing or investing. Together with your patron, you will work to achieve those goals.
The grant will be paid in tranches depending on the fulfillment of the set goals – 45% of the grant value is paid for the last KPI, the remaining parts are determined at the beginning of the acceleration.
We have 13 places for the first edition of DD Accelerator and 10 for the second. But if we find more interesting teams that we want to work with, we can invite more studios to the program.
We are working with publishers and investors who are interested in various games. It does not matter whether you make mobile games, PC games, or consoles – we will help your team achieve your goals. We also invite startups working on, f.e. a specialized product or service for the game dev industry.
The DD Incubator is a program for Polish game studios, while the DD Accelerator is dedicated only to foreign teams. However, if you go through the Accelerator first and you still want to learn more, you will be able to later apply to the DD Incubator.
KPT has been supporting the gaming industry in Poland for over 10 years, incl. organizing DD Incubator. The DD Accelerator is the first program aimed exclusively at foreign teams that can strengthen the Polish ecosystem.
Each team will get an individual acceleration program, which accounts for the expectations of the team and the publisher/investor with whom it will sign the contract. Together we establish individual goals that studios will work on. Startups will get all the support they need from both the partner and the acceleration team.
The main goal is to acquire business competencies that will help you develop your company faster. To achieve it, we will recommend a number of experienced mentors and consultants in every field of running a company in the game dev industry.